Know your player! This time we discuss of the topic within a podcast! (If for some reason you can not see the embed link below, you can listen the podcast on Soundcloud.)
Let's discuss how and why you should aim to understand your player from the beginning. Listen up the podcast below:
1. You're not making your game for everyone
2. What are the main reasons your player wants to play your game, all else is extra
3. Challenge, or just easy playing
4. You're too blind to make the decisions
5. Conclusion: Aim to understand who is your player, take this thought straight into your design process. Don't try to guess design solutions, aim to get a "real reason" for it by getting to know your player.
Consider supporting us by pre-ordering our upcoming game Soulrun right here. Pre-orders get the "Supporters Pack (12,99 EUR)" which contains unlock code for in-game content. PRE-ORDER SUPPORTERS PACK HERE 12,99€
Join our community of game developers!